We Buy Gold Plated Pins
Materials > Electronics Scrap > We Buy Computer Scrap > We Buy Gold Plated Pins
Similar to fingers, plated pins are the bare connectors that are used as computer component interfaces. Plated pins are one of the highest density sources of value in E-Scrap.
Common sources of pins are manufacturing defects and trimmed circuit boards.
Gold plating is used on pins because of gold's superior physical properties for external connectors. We pay you based on the gold content found on the pins. The thickness of the gold varies from connector to connector (15-45 microns is typical). As with all E-Scrap, pins from older boards, or from high performance applications (such as from military, enterprise or telecommunications equiptment) are typically coated with more gold.
What we Pay
- Fully plated pins: $15-$25 a pound.
- From electronics, no plastic, whole pin
- Partially plated: $1-10 a pound
- Only tip flashed – identifyable by the proceses of any shiny nickel color. These only have a very thin and partial layer of gold
- For unusual or super heavy loads, sample analysis can be used.
To get started, please contact us, or send us details about your plated pins for a price estimate and shipping arrangments. The minimum shipping quantity for shipping pins is 5 pounds to ensure your profitability.